Views
Helpful
Replies

Is this a good desing for PINGROUPS?

sperezoplk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there guys.

The plan is migrate the uplinks from a fews 6500 to a couple Nexus 7000 using pingroups with no trafic disruption. So i have made a desing but i not sure if this is the best way to accomplish the objective without problems.

This is the desing:

N7K_UCS.jpg

There will be two (new) PINGROUPS (All the server use two VNICs) that will be facing to the nexus using the PO 108 and PO 109, is this a good configuration? the nexus are using VPC towards the fabric; the fabric are in EHM.

We made a couple of test moving the vnic into the pingroup and it work fine, but i want to know is this configuration is good.

The PINGROUPS see like this:

pg108.JPGpg109.JPG

2 Replies 2

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This works ok; however, best practise in UCS design is using dynamic pinning, and not static pinning (what you are doing). In your case, dynamic or static pinning will have the same result; however, the managment overhead for static pinning is bigger; for every interface, you have to add the pingroup, and if you forget, it will fall back to dynamic pinning.

hi wdey thank you for respond.

i just want to know is there would be a problem if i put same both PortChannels in two pingroups that will be in the same service profile.

greetings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: