cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iSCSI Booting Win2k8R2 on UCS with EqualLogic

kingttx12
Level 1
Level 1

We've been testing iSCSI booting on UCS with 2.0(1t) and the Palo M81KR with an EqualLogic PS6010. We are connecting through a 10GbE switch via an uplink port. However, we've hit a snag and want to see if anyone else has gotten around this.

The EQL shows connections from UCS when booting; however, Windows does not have the Palo drivers and doesn't show the target disk. When adding the M81KR driver, the connection gets dropped so Windows still does not show the target disk.

We've tried connecting the array directly to an appliance port on the FI but got some ENM source pinning failed error, a different issue at this point.

We've also tried slipstreaming all UCS drivers into the Windows media but that doesn't let us proceed either.

We've gotten RHEL6 to install so we know the configuration is viable.

15 Replies 15

Hi Robert,

I hope you don't mind me reviving this old post.

Got a similar issue - installing Server 2008 R2 SP1 into B22 M3 (UCSM 2.1.3a).

Booted from a virtual DVD, uploaded MLOM storage driver, installed server.

When booting from SAN (multihop FCoE), the OS gets stuck at Microsoft Corporation progress bar, in Safe Mode I can see that the last loaded module is disk.sys

When doing install, only one path is visible to the server. After restart I tried single or multi-path - no difference.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Boris

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card