cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

KVM connection dropout

Networker_eg
Level 1
Level 1

whenever I start a KVM session it terminates with the below message :" Client has been shut down as a result of the network connection has been dropped. "

have anyone seen this before

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please make sure you have cleared your browser cache, or confirm you have tried from another workstation.

We see that message a lot after UCSM has been upgrade and browsers have old cached content.

Kirk...

Thanks Kirk ,

i tried it , did Not work , reset CIMC ip on service profile did not work neither  , I configured static ip on KVM and vola , works as a charm

So setting the same IP address, via static setting worked?

Kirk...

Setting a different ip worked and by the way , KVM access failed while HX installer was in the UCSM configuration stage with the message SOL access failed.

Also ,While expanding the Cluster with compute-only node , it failed to detect installed ESXi on the nodes , again configuring static KVM static ip solved the problem 

before that I tried :

reset KVM did not work 

rest CIMC did not work 

disassociate / reassociate SP worked but  not practical in a production environment 

Regards

Amr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: