Views
Helpful
Replies

KVM Console - HTML5 unavailable on B200 M3/M4

itm.i11.team
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we recently did an update of our UCS Manager an the Fabric Interconnects. The firmware was raised from 3.2(2c) to 3.2(3a).

Before the update we could choose on our B200 M3, M4 and M5 server whether to use KVM Console via HTML5 or Java. Now this choice ist only available for B200 M5, therefore disabled for M3 and M4.

I did not read any announcements regarding this change in the release notes. Is there a reason why this was removed or a way to make HTML5 console working again for our older blade servers?

Regards

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Apart from this can you try to upgrade one of your M3 and M4 blades to 3.2.1d firmware also and check if the Java option is coming up on that blade or not. The release notes says the software was introduce in firmware 3.2.1d.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

pranavgu
Level 1
Level 1
Can you send us the screenshot of the options you are getting in M3, M4 blades and then options we are getting from M5 blades.

Apart from this please let me know which browser are we using and also if we have tried any other browser just to check if we are seeing the same thing or not.

Options for M3 and M4 are the same, thus I have attached only one screenshot.

The other screen shows the menu for B200 M5.

I am using Firefox 52.5 (32-Bit) but have also tried Chrome 65 (64-Bit) with the same result.

I have asked one of my collegue to try the same in his lab and he is getting the option on B 200 M4. I would suggest opening a TAC case for the same as I am not familiar with any bug which has been recently open for this.

Capture.PNG

Thanks, I will contact our support and check back once I have a solution.

Apart from this can you try to upgrade one of your M3 and M4 blades to 3.2.1d firmware also and check if the Java option is coming up on that blade or not. The release notes says the software was introduce in firmware 3.2.1d.

Capture.PNG

I finally got the time to do some upgrades on M3 and M4 servers.

Once the CIMC firmware is raised the option to choose between java and html5 is back again.

We applied firmware 3.2(3a) and it works fine.

Thanks pranavgu!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card