cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

link-missing, not link-down

HamR
Level 1
Level 1

I have two pairs of clustered FIs, each with identical C220 M4 servers patched into 2248 FEXs. Each server has two network adapters, a MLOM 1227 and a VIC 1225. Only port 1 on the MLOM is patched to Fab-A and only port 2 on the VIC is patched to Fab-B.

Functionally, everything seems functionally okay, and UCSM shows a warning on both UCS domains that some ports have a "link-missing" - understandable as that is the case. But on one of the domains it also reports that there is a "link-down" on each host, referencing port 2 on adapter 1. This reports as a major fault, which it isn't.

The servers are using a 2.2(8) C-bundle and run ESXi 6.0 U2 and are failing over fabrics correctly. I'm disinclined to patch the other ports just to suppress the error.

Can anyone suggest how I could clear/reset this port state so it only reports "link-missing"?

Thanks,
Hamish

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card