cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

login user syntax for UCS powertools

matt.woolery1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to login to UCS via powershell (using the Cisco powertools module), and so far, i've only been able to login with local credentials.  I'm trying to figure out how to login with ldap (AD specifically).  Have tried domain\user  user@domain domain\user@ucsmgr etc. I am able to login to the UCS mgr java application with my AD credentials.

connect-ucs -name ucsmgr.mydomain.com

Thanks in advance,

Matt

3 Replies 3

landeckc
Level 1
Level 1

use the prefix "ucs-" 

ucs-ADDOMAIN\username

I'm experiencing the same issue, and I don't find any referencies for the prefix "ucs-" as mentioned in the previous answer.

That is the correct format, but make sure whatever follows "ucs-" matches the Authentication Domain exactly, case sensitive. This assumes you have an Authentication Domain configured. Once you get logged into the GUI, go to Admin>User Management>Authentication Domains to verify what options you have available and make sure it is exactly the same, matching case.  In our case it is "ucs-DOMAIN\username" or "ucs-Local\username" for a local user

https://enterpriseadmins.org/blog/virtualization/cisco-ucs-and-default-authentication-domains/

If you have no Authentication Domains and only native authentication, then you would just use the username with no prefix.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card