Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Major : PSU_REDUNDANCY Redundancy Lost for BE6K UCS C220 M3S

Hello Team,

We have several UC deployments based on UCS C220 M3 servers (the famous BE6K).

I'm not coming from systems background, I'm rather a Voice guy.

In fact, the BE6K UCS C220 M3 is shipped by default with only one Power Supply.

However, in the CIMC, we find many times that an alert is raised for Power Supply redundancy and the system LED turns to solid Amber.

Here's the alert : PSU_REDUNDANCYPS Redundancy sensorRedundancy Lost was asserted

We don't understand why this alert is raised when we already know that the BE6K server only contains one PSU ?

Is this a true problem or a false alarm ?

How can we clear this alert ?

In fact the fact the system LED is Amber is not a good sign from the customer perspective. As well as when we let it stay in the Amber LED state we wouldn't that a bigger problem (and a true one) may happen ?

The CIMC version is : 1.5.4f

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately not (that I am aware of) but if you go to Faults on the Server tab, you should be able to see a summary of alerts and check what is going on.

If this is helpful, please rate... if it answers your question, please mark it as so for future users.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

The server supports 2 PSUs, by having only one that alert is expected... Place a second PSU on that server and checked if there are further issues that require investigation.

-Kenny

Thank you for your input Keny.

In fact we don't have a second PSU since it isn't shipped with the server. So, in our case (BE6K server) it's clearly a false alarm.

Is there a way to acknowledge/delete/ignore the alert, so that we don't get confused with other more important alerts that may truly affect the platform ?

Thank you again.

Unfortunately not (that I am aware of) but if you go to Faults on the Server tab, you should be able to see a summary of alerts and check what is going on.

If this is helpful, please rate... if it answers your question, please mark it as so for future users.

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card