cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managing instance

johnd0e88
Level 1
Level 1
Can someone clarify what this is telling me exactly in Connection Details? Is this referring to IOM-B(aka: IOM-2) or FI-B ? FI-A is my primary. Each IOM is wired only to its respective FI. Why would it not say A is managing the chassis? Both of my chassis show 'B' as its Managing Instance. Is this normal?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi John

I have to correct my answer above. Its really the FI management instance, for the chassis, resp. a blade !

You selected a chassis, in your question, but you could also select a particular blade in a chassis, and therefore get a different answer, see attachment.

Think about KVM sessions to blades, which are load balanced between the 2 FI's.

Sorry for the confusion.

Walter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Managing instance is the FI which is running the UCS Manager instance; also called master node !

Thought so - thanks Walter. One follow up question. Is that normal to have a mix A and B managing more than 1 chassis? I know it's an active active type of setup, but my 'show cluster state' lists A: UP, PRIMARY B: UP, SUBORDINATE

Hi John

I have to correct my answer above. Its really the FI management instance, for the chassis, resp. a blade !

You selected a chassis, in your question, but you could also select a particular blade in a chassis, and therefore get a different answer, see attachment.

Think about KVM sessions to blades, which are load balanced between the 2 FI's.

Sorry for the confusion.

Walter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card