Views
Helpful
Replies

Manually delete UCS Domain on Central?

ryan.lambert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is there a way to manually remove a domain from UCS Central if communication was lost to UCSM and it wasn't gracefully removed?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

matthewcrocker
Level 1
Level 1

Yes there is, under 'Logs and Faults' you can browse on the left to 'Registered Domains'. Select the UCS domain you would like to unregister, right click and 'Delete'. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

You can browse to the legacy Java GUI using the following:

http://Your-UCS-Central-IP/flex.html

Please update if you were able to remove the domain.

Thanks!

-Wes

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

matthewcrocker
Level 1
Level 1

Yes there is, under 'Logs and Faults' you can browse on the left to 'Registered Domains'. Select the UCS domain you would like to unregister, right click and 'Delete'. Hope this helps.

Thanks Matt. Nice and easy. Can't believe I missed that. :)

Appreciate it!

No worries, it isn't in the most obvious place I must admit. Good luck with UCS Central!

IN the move to HTML5 it appears the Logs and Faults section disappeared. DO you know how to do this in 1.4 or 1.5?

You can browse to the legacy Java GUI using the following:

http://Your-UCS-Central-IP/flex.html

Please update if you were able to remove the domain.

Thanks!

-Wes

Thanks Wes. That worked. Is this legacy GUI documented anywhere?

Hello,

It is not "officially" documented anywhere, but it is just the Java GUI that was used before we moved to HTML5. After Central 1.5, I believe that Java GUI will not longer be available.

-Wes

Forest Worstell
Level 1
Level 1

Now that UCS Central has moved beyond Java era, tell me how am I supposed to get rid of domains or service profiles when someone shuts down and removes a domain without unregistering it properly beforehand?  All I get is that you cannot do anything to the device because it has lost contact.  What if I do want to get rid of it, even after losing contact?

We had the same issue (decommissioned a domain but forgot to remove/deregister it from Central). The following works for us.

central# connect service-reg
central(service-reg)# show clients | grep prev 5 next 2 DOMAIN_TO_BE_REMOVED

ID: 1234
Registered Client IP: 192.168.1.1
Registered Client IPV6: ::
Registered Client Connection Protocol: Ipv4
Registered Client Name: DOMAIN_TO_BE_REMOVED
Registered Client Type: Managed Endpoint

central(service-reg)# delete clients 1234
central(service-reg)* # commit

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card