cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from UCS 6296UP to 6332UP with 2304XP IOM

Wallace4444
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is looking to replace their 6296UP FIs with the new 6332-16UP model along with the 2304 IOMs.

I found this guide - Migrating to UCS 6300 Series Fabric Interconnects and the UCS 2304 IOM 

The guide isn't quite as detailed as it was for replacing 6100 FIs with 6200 FIs. The part that I'm not certain on is when do the IOMs get replaced? In another document it states to do it at the same time as the Fabric Interconnect (step 6). I'm assuming that this is the best method, however wanted to confirm as there appears to be two different views from these two documents.

Anyone with experience doing this migration know if that is correct?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Yes do it together ( FI and IOM) one by one , like we do it in 6100-6200. This should be fine.

From the same documentation :

Procedure

Step 1

Remove the configuration on the server ports that are connected to the existing IOM in the subordinate fabric interconnect.

Step 2

Remove the cables and replace the existing IOM in the chassis with the newer IOM.

Use the procedures in Replacing an I/O Module (or UCS 6324 Fabric Interconnect For UCS Mini).

Step 3

Connect the cables to the new IOM and the UCS 6300 Series or UCS 6400 Series Fabric Interconnect.

Step 4

Configure the ports as server ports.

Step 5

Wait for Auto Upgrade to complete in the IOM.

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Yes do it together ( FI and IOM) one by one , like we do it in 6100-6200. This should be fine.

From the same documentation :

Procedure

Step 1

Remove the configuration on the server ports that are connected to the existing IOM in the subordinate fabric interconnect.

Step 2

Remove the cables and replace the existing IOM in the chassis with the newer IOM.

Use the procedures in Replacing an I/O Module (or UCS 6324 Fabric Interconnect For UCS Mini).

Step 3

Connect the cables to the new IOM and the UCS 6300 Series or UCS 6400 Series Fabric Interconnect.

Step 4

Configure the ports as server ports.

Step 5

Wait for Auto Upgrade to complete in the IOM.

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: