cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving profile from C200M2 to C220M3 - Windows not happy.

jhedman
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

Has anyone in the community attempted to migrate a service profile running bare metal windows server 2008 R2 SP1 from an older C200 M2 series rack mount server to a new C220M3?  The Windows installation is blue-screening continuously during boot on the new box.  It is boot from SAN and everything in the service profile looks great until the boot up process hits the classpnp.sys driver.  At which point it dies.  Prior to moving the service profile, the drivers were updated to 2.2.0.13 which is on the latest compatibility matrix.

Does anyone have  process that works for migrating service profiles between these generations with different VIC's?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Aditya Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Few questions for you:

What is your CIMC firmware of C200m2 and C220M3 servers?

What is your UCSM firmware?

What kinds of VIC/CNA cards do you have in your C200 and C220?

Aditya Sharma wrote:

Few questions for you:

What is your CIMC firmware of C200m2 and C220M3 servers?  2.1(1d)

What is your UCSM firmware?  2.1(1d)

What kinds of VIC/CNA cards do you have in your C200 and C220?  C200's are P81e and C220's are VIC1225.

All versions are the latest versions bundled with 2.1.

The issue potentially appears to be in the bundled driver for P81e-VIC1225.  At least that's my hunch.  The same driver is used for both cards, it's just a different hardware ID.  I have no idea why Windows would blue screen for something as simple as an unrecognized NIC.  Afterall, the FNIC portion is working just fine, it's boot from SAN.

Could be one of those issues where the stateless-ness isn't actually going to work.  I would have thought the devices would have been close enough to not cause issues like this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: