How can I do it ?

[I also tried via CLI, but without success]

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no reason you can't clone the running SP, if you are willing to add it's new WWPNs to zoning and do that in advance .  Now it is possible to manually override/set the WWPNs of the new SP with your original WWPNs, but would want to wait until you have a little bit of down time to disassociate from blade and re-associate the new SP.

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

As far as utilizing the XML data, you could import that in via Admin, Import configuration, with merge option.

However, you are far better off using the clone option, as that 'clones' the service profile but allows the service profile pools to reference the same pools and retrieve unique identities.

You would not want to do a 100% clone of a service profile, and have multiple service profiles with same UUID, mac addresses, etc.

If you are planning on exporting the xml, deleting the original service profile, and recreating in a different org, then you will need to edit the xml to reference the new org path.

Again, built in clone option is generally going to be your best choice.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Thanks Kirk for your reply

Mmmmm, I'm thinking of a clone, but,the SP is already in use by a client

If I'll clone the SP, the WWPNs will be changed and I'll need to start doing the zoning again, and to make few changed to customize it, and I can't stop the user from working

So, from what I understand it'll be difficult/impossible to do it on a running SP

From now and on, I'll create the new SPs on a specific org

Am I right ?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no reason you can't clone the running SP, if you are willing to add it's new WWPNs to zoning and do that in advance .  Now it is possible to manually override/set the WWPNs of the new SP with your original WWPNs, but would want to wait until you have a little bit of down time to disassociate from blade and re-associate the new SP.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Kirk's solution sounds well

find a downtime window, and you can do it

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card