Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Native VLAN and NFS

Hello everyone,

I have two different port channels per Fabric Interconnect. On one port channel I have several VLANs assigned for Virtual machine traffic as well as default VLAN 1 untagged in a vNIC. Unfortunately in our environment the default VLAN is used for some Virtual machine traffic. Now, on the second port channel, it is connected up to nexus 5k switches but only allowed for one NFS VLAN.

The problem I am facing is that if I enable the NFS port channel, some of my virtual machine traffic stops as it seems like they come in through the public port channel but try to go back up using the NFS which drops the request. 

I want to use the VLAN group feature to enforce VLAN to Port Channel mapping. I am able to associate a rule for NFS fine but I am not able to select the default VLAN in my public group to create a mapping rule. 

If I just create one group for NFS, would it automatically re-route everything else through the other port channel? (That is basically what I want) Or if I create one group and not the second, it will only help the NFS one but leaves the public in the same situation bouncing between multiple port channels?

Thank you for your help and assistance 

Contact me directly if needed 

a a v v a l i @ t o r o n t o . c a

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Totally you created 10  vlan's including default vlan and you are able to add only 9  vlan's in that group...

You mean say you want to add the default vLAN Id in the particular group which was created by you...? 

You cant add the default vlan Id in the vlans groups,But one option is there you can change the default vlan ID 1 to some other number and  then u can create a new vlan id 1 and  u will able to add it in to the group.

Before doing changes  make sure that if the default vlan id 1  is using by some other servers or not bcoz if u changed that means it will disturb the traffic.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

isaac anish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Untagged Vnic's are automatically taken  by default Vlan 1 in CISOC UCS,Please go through the below link,If you dont mind share the sanp shot.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-2104xp-fabric-extender/110517-vlan-config-ucs.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/data-center-virtualization/unified-computing/white_paper_c11-692008.html

Hi Isacc,

Thank you for your respond. I have attached a few screen shots. Basically I am able to enforce NFS VLAN to go to a certain group but not the default VLAN. Unfortunately I need to use this VLAN for virtual machine traffic. 

Appreciated 

Hi,

Totally you created 10  vlan's including default vlan and you are able to add only 9  vlan's in that group...

You mean say you want to add the default vLAN Id in the particular group which was created by you...? 

You cant add the default vlan Id in the vlans groups,But one option is there you can change the default vlan ID 1 to some other number and  then u can create a new vlan id 1 and  u will able to add it in to the group.

Before doing changes  make sure that if the default vlan id 1  is using by some other servers or not bcoz if u changed that means it will disturb the traffic.

Thank you Isaac,

I do like your suggestion on creating a new "default VLAN" and change the VLAN ID on existing default to something I don't use.

Great idea, appreciated 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card