cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for setup VM-FEX on UCSM 2.2(1b)

MENG YUAN HSIEH
Level 1
Level 1

Hi expers,

I try to setup VM-FEX on FI6120 with version 2.2(1b). And vCenter and vSphere running on the version 5.5.

The extension plug-in can success add-on. But when I setup VMware Integration it always failed and show "extvmmProvider: connot contain: object of class vnicProfileSet with RN profile, DN is" as image in the below.

螢幕快照 2014-01-02 上午3.17.37.png

So I try to setup by CLI. But still failed. And event show estabished connection with vCenter failed.

Please help me to setup VM-FEX.

BTW. I only have one FI6120 can test VM-FEX. Is it a problem?

Best regards,

Meng-Yuan Hsieh (Nick)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can still use the GUI guide, just do the stuff in Chapter 6 on configuring distributed virtual switches in cisco ucs.  It just separates the task into 3 items.  1. Create the Datacenter, Folder, and DVS.  2. Create a Port Profile.  3. Create a Profile Client.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

rgzoso211
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get past this?

MENG YUAN HSIEH
Level 1
Level 1

Not yet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I got it working without the wizard.  Seems to be working fine.  Just follow the manual for doing it step by step.

You can still use the GUI guide, just do the stuff in Chapter 6 on configuring distributed virtual switches in cisco ucs.  It just separates the task into 3 items.  1. Create the Datacenter, Folder, and DVS.  2. Create a Port Profile.  3. Create a Profile Client.

Yes! You are right! This version must manual to doing it step by step. The wizard is not work. Thank you very much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card