cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Hyperflex plugin shown on vCenter

Hi,

We have deployed Hyperflex 4.0.1b on vCenter VMware-VCSA-all-6.7.0-14070457

We finished the deployment successfully and cluster is online and healthy

The problem is that I can't find the Hyperflex plugin when navigating to vCenter Global inventory list as attached

I think it should appear under Distributed Switches

Is below link should solve this problem or I still need to install something

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/hyperconverged-infrastructure/hyperflex-hx-data-platform/213686-troubleshooting-hyperflex-plugin-issues.html

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Hythim Ali El Hadad ,

The most likely problem is that the plug-in ONLY works on the Flash/Flex version of vCenter. We are all waiting anxiously for HXDP v4.02 which we've been promised will have an HTML5 user interface.

Flex required.jpg

If this doesn't fix your problem, you may have to restart the vCenter appliance.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

The most likely problem is that the plug-in ONLY works on the Flash/Flex version of vCenter. We are all waiting anxiously for HXDP v4.02 which we've been promised will have an HTML5 user interface.

Flex required.jpg

If this doesn't fix your problem, you may have to restart the vCenter appliance.

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Great RedNectar
It works .

Only I have another question here to confirm from you
I have shutdown the cluster following the guideline from Cisco by stcli cluster shutdown then power off the controller VMs then the hosts

After power up the cluster, I found it is offline untill I start it with " stcli cluster start "
Also one Datastore was unmounted to 1 of the 3 ESXi hosts

Is there an automatic way that let the cluster start automatically after a maintenance or power outage ?
Also I remount the Datastore, Is this Datastore behavior is normal and will this affect us while in production ?

Thanks
Haitham

I didn't answer immediately because I was hoping somone with more inside knowledge than me might be able to give a better answer (it is probably worth posting a new question)

I'll give it a shot, but I have not researched this, so this is my "current understanding"

In the event of a power failure, the cluter should recover by itself. You should not have to issue a stcli cluster start

If you have manually shut down the cluster (stcli cluster shutdown) the cluster will stay down until it is manually restarted.  I have not found an exact explanation, but I do know that you use this command if you need to change the cluster from VSI optimised to VDI optimised (or vice versa - see 

Cisco HyperFlex Systems Installation Guide for VMware ESXi, Release 4.0) during which time you have to edit files on each ESXi host.  To my way of thinking, if there was a power outage during this process, you would NOT want the cluster to try and restart untill you had manullay restarted, so I think the idea that you MUST do a stcli cluster start after a stcli cluster shutdown is a good idea.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card