Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Hamel
Beginner

Partition bootflash on Fabric Interconnect is clean but with errors

2 weeks ago, as part of deploying a new UCS deployment with 6332-16UP FIs I upgraded the FW from 4.0(4c) to 4.1(3b) I received the below minor fault:

"Partition bootflash on fabric interconnect A is clean but with errors." Code F2016

After consulting some documentation I ran the command "reboot e2fsck" after connecting to the local management of FI-A. The error disappeared.

Yesterday, after running some failover tests, the error has returned and also showed up on FI-B. I ran the "reboot e2fsck" command on FI-B and the error has cleared on B but it still persists on FI-A. Should I re-run the command on A, or is there any issue that needs further investigation?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Kirk J
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Can you add some more detail to 'failover' tests?

Are you pulling power to the FIs, or are you just downing ports, etc?

I would run the reboot e2fsck another time on FI-A.

If the error persists after another day, then open a TAC case.

Ungraceful restarts of the FIs (power cord pulls) or power outages can contribute to the file system alerts.

Kirk...

Kirk,

What is the correct way to power down a HA pair? 

Based on searching, power pulls are recommended..

Solved: How to shutdown the Fabric Interconnect - Cisco Community

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your reply. I have re-run the e2fsck though the fault has not yet cleared. I will check this tomorrow and report back.

As per Darian's message, what is the correct way to shutdown an FI? I'm not aware of any shutdown commands.

Thanks

Content for Community-Ad