cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partition bootflash on Fabric Interconnect is clean but with errors

Hamel
Level 1
Level 1

2 weeks ago, as part of deploying a new UCS deployment with 6332-16UP FIs I upgraded the FW from 4.0(4c) to 4.1(3b) I received the below minor fault:

"Partition bootflash on fabric interconnect A is clean but with errors." Code F2016

After consulting some documentation I ran the command "reboot e2fsck" after connecting to the local management of FI-A. The error disappeared.

Yesterday, after running some failover tests, the error has returned and also showed up on FI-B. I ran the "reboot e2fsck" command on FI-B and the error has cleared on B but it still persists on FI-A. Should I re-run the command on A, or is there any issue that needs further investigation?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Can you add some more detail to 'failover' tests?

Are you pulling power to the FIs, or are you just downing ports, etc?

I would run the reboot e2fsck another time on FI-A.

If the error persists after another day, then open a TAC case.

Ungraceful restarts of the FIs (power cord pulls) or power outages can contribute to the file system alerts.

Kirk...

Kirk,

What is the correct way to power down a HA pair? 

Based on searching, power pulls are recommended..

Solved: How to shutdown the Fabric Interconnect - Cisco Community

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your reply. I have re-run the e2fsck though the fault has not yet cleared. I will check this tomorrow and report back.

As per Darian's message, what is the correct way to shutdown an FI? I'm not aware of any shutdown commands.

Thanks

ScottBonner384
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kirk,

Did the fault permanently resolve after your second reboot e2fsck command and reboot.  I have 8 domains with the same issue on both FIs after upgrade.  I will do the reboots on the FIs but it looks like you had to run it twice on one of them.  I'm just trying to gage how many reboots I am in for.

Thanks,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: