cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Channel Setup for New Chassis added

navinjk1974
Level 1
Level 1

How is the Port Channel created under the Internal Lan tab, when a new Chassis is connected to the F1 and how is the Peer Info Setup for the Port Channel. We are seeing VIF errors for our new Chassis and Blades after we attach a Service Profile and Boot the Server.

5 Replies 5

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Navi,

If you use the link below it will show you how to create a port-channel in UCS and on the upstream switch.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/116095-configure-ucs-upstream-port-channel-00.html

If you click on your blade and click on the VIF Paths tab what is your error message? Is it Error - Disabled? Is there anyway you could share a screenshot of the VIF Paths tab located under the Equipment Tab --> Chassis --> Blade 3 --> VIF Paths (Next to general tab on that top row).

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Thanks for the Info, I have attached the VIF error.

Hello,

These errors are expected on the blades until you install an operating system and the Virtual Interfaces (VIFs) pin to the drivers on the operating system and come up accordingly.

I would install an operating system and correct drivers and those errors will clear.

HTH,

Wes

Thanks, If i look at the Port-Channel Config Under Internal Lan for my new Chassis it differs for the Peer Info. While the other Port channels report it correctly.

I have connected my new Chassis 5 on Port 17/18 on the F1. Port Channel 1029 on A is it showing me the correct Peer ?

Hi Navinjk,

As Wesley stated you will continue to see these errors unless you install an operating system of your choice. You can see which operating systems are supported based on the matrix tool below. You will enter your UCS Firmware along with the blade type and it will tell you all the supported operating systems.

http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/ucs/interoperability/matrix/matrix.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: