Views
Helpful
Replies

Power management functionality UCS C

rortigosa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How do I  configure power management on a Cisco UCS C220 M3 alone host and C200 M2  too?

I Need that information for configure a fence agent and hardware settins on RHEV

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

rortigosa
Level 1
Level 1

Please help me, I not know how to do it

Thanks so much. It was very usefull to me.

The above information is now outdated.

Version 4.1 of Red Hat Virtualization is current and the referenced Red Hat documentation link is a broken URL.

How can IPMI or cisco_ucs fence agents be used with this series of hardware,  Cisco UCS C220 M3 ?

Not sure if it's still the issue for you - but here's I resolved it. It's a bit dirty workaround and redhat is already working on it.

You need to setup hexadecimal-encoded key for IPMIv2 authentication which is set on CIMC IPMI over LAN settings via Admin>Communication services as first thing.

Then you need to modify /sbin/fence_ipmilan file.

So, backup /sbin/fence_ipmilan in-case you need to replace it back

1) Please edit: /sbin/fence_ipmilan (with your favourite editor)

2) Move to line number 35, and add following just below the line:- cmd = options["--ipmitool-path"]. cmd += " -y (your hex key here)"

For reference, the ipmitool command that worked was as below:

~~~ # ipmitool -I lanplus -y $(hexadecimal-encoded Kg key for IPMIv2 authentication) -H <192.168.0.x> -U USERNAME -P PASSWORD -L Administrator chassis power status

Chassis Power is on

Then in RHV GUI > Hosts > Edit host > Power Management > Add/Edit agent .. and you need to add following options..
lanplus=true,power_wait=4

Good luck ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: