Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with the new server UCS C220 for set IP to CIMC

Hi

We’ve a problem with the new server UCS C220.

We bought two servers UCS C220 M3 for CallManager 8.6 with High Availability.

When we turn on the server during the boot and when it tells us, oppress F8 to enter at the CIMC and set the IP. But it never enters at the CIMC.

Then, we configure our DHCP server and our switch, we connect the three gigabyte ports to our switch to give him an IP to the CIMC, so and then can enter via browser, but neither works.

Note. The dedicated management NIC does not link, the other two ports do make link.

What do you suggest to put an IP to CIMC and start installing our applications?

regards

6 Replies 6

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What happens when you press F8 ?

What type of keyboard have you connected to server ?

By default, LOM ports are enabled for CIMC access. Do you have cables connected to it ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220/install/install.html#wp1400933

Is switchport configured  properly ?

Are you able to access ( ping / SSH / HTTP )  CIMC when it receives IP address via DHCP ?

Padma

Did you figure this out?  I just purchased three c220m3's.  I'm working on the first one now.  I can get to the CIMC screen and configure a static ip but can't ssh, ping or http to it?

Thx,

I figured it out. Had to cable the interface 1 not the ilo or mgmt interface.  Now I need to figure out how to install software!!

You may have noticed that there is no DVD rom on the c220. What you need to do is:

Login into the CIMC from your browser

Luanch the KVM

Insert the VMware DVD in your machines drive

On the KVM pop up there should be a tab to mount the drive, after mounting it click on Macros and choose ctrl_alt+delete to restart.

After the VMware OS installs press F2 to enter IP.

Browse to the VMware ip to download the Vsphere client

Open the Vsphere client, enter the ip of the vmware and the username will be root and no password if you did not set one.

You can now upload OVA templates or manually create virtua machine from this enviroment.

Hope this help

Manuel Velasco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose,

Have you tried to reseting the CMOS configurations on your server?  If you haven't you may want to try removing the cmos battery for about 10 minutes and if this doesn't work you can try reseting this by using the CMOS header J37 ( see doc below)

Cisco UCS C220 Server Installation and Service Guide

Using the Clear CMOS Header J37  (Page  2-17)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/hw/C220/install/C220.pdf

Grace Zhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi! Jose:

Do you get video at all?  If not at all.  Is the CPU in your C220 M3 2600 series v2 Ivy Bridge?  If so, you may have a older CIMC which can not support the newest CPU. For 2600 serie version 2 intel CPU, CIMC must be1.5(3) or newer. To put a IP to the C220 M3, install tftpd32 (have to be the newest version, Oct 2013, which has DHCP function) on you PC, then make the IP pool only one IP.  That will make sure that the C220 has THE IP you want. Download the IOS, unzip it with 7-zip,  Connect to management port with a cross over cable, log into CIMC, update CIMC and BIO through Browser.  Search in Cisco's website.  There is a article talking about this known issue.  I have encount this already. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card