cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about 2348UPQ connected to 6332-16UP FIs and rackmount servers

mdrudge
Level 1
Level 1

We recently upgraded to 6332-16UP FIs, and would like to add some C220 rackmount servers to the domain using 2348UPQ FEX between the FIs and the rackmounts.  I have been researching the best way to do this, but I am unclear about the configuration on the FEX.  So if I configure the ports to the FEX from the FIs as server ports, and then have the Chassis discovery policy set to port-channel, do I need to configure anything on the FEX itself?  Or is it like a IOM, and all config is through the FIs?  I'd like to have two 40-Gbps uplinks connected to each FI.  I found the documentation on setting up C-series servers, but am a little cloudy at how this part of the configuration is supposed to work.  I'm using 4.0(4b) firmware.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do not need to configure anything on the FEX. As long as your link grouping preference is port-channel mode, you will see both links between FI and FEX form a port-channel once the FEX is discovered. To confirm, you can run 'show fex detail' once complete and you will see a Po under the outputs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do not need to configure anything on the FEX. As long as your link grouping preference is port-channel mode, you will see both links between FI and FEX form a port-channel once the FEX is discovered. To confirm, you can run 'show fex detail' once complete and you will see a Po under the outputs.

Thanks, Wes!  I had seen some documentation about configuring FEX when connecting it to Nexus switches, and wanted to confirm that it worked more like a chassis IO Module in the UCS environment.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card