Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Implement VN-Link in Hardware

When Create Dynamic vNIC Policy

UCS prior v1.4 choose only protected ( That's mean I can't predict the traffic from VM Guest)

UCS 1.4 can choose protected, protected-pref-a, protected-pref-a (But This effect all service so VM guest traffic can go only one fabric)

So I have question. Can I choose traffic direction to Fabric per VM Guest ? because if I choose "protected" in Dynamic vNIC policy. it will random

2 Replies 2

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The protected mode for the dynamic interfaces is related to the failover, the protected option mean that the failover for the interface is enabled i.e. in case the FI or the uplink interfaces go down the traffic for the intercae will be routed via the other FI.

With just protected selected the dynamic vNIC are distributed evenly on both the FIs with the perf-A or perf-B (option with 1.4 version) A or B will device the primary FI (in case by design you want all the VM to be sending the traffic to a particaulr FI) and the other FI will be for failover.

In short there are the only options avaiable for the primary FI selection of the FI for the VM.

./Abhinav

Hi abbharga

So that's mean , Now I can't choose traffic diection for each Dynamic vNIC right ?

Because I want to choose some VM Guest traffic to FI A, some another VM Guest to FI B for loadbalance traffic.

Pls. Confirm this because I have to design solution for the customer

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card