Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on Call Home

jpinkston1880
Level 1
Level 1

All-Knowing Contributors!

I am configuring call home on our system and I see we need profiles setup. I inherited this system and the default profile is setup and it seems to only have the alert group "Normal" assigned to it. According to the documentation, this would seem to me that only System Cleared info is being sent. Can anyone confirm this? If I am only looking to see hardware and environmental issues (thermal, memory/PSU failures) what alert groups should I setup?

Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zaira Vega
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are two settings involved here:

Level field

Cisco UCS faults that are greater than or equal to this level trigger the profile. This can be one of the following:

Critical

Debug

Disaster

Fatal

Major

Minor

Normal

Notification

Warning

Alert groups field

The group or groups that are alerted based on this Call Home profile. This can be one or more of the following:

Cisco Tac

Diagnostic

Environmental

Inventory

License

Life Cycle

Linecard

Supervisor

Syslog Port

System

Test

If you are looking to just receive hardware and environmental issues, check only the "environmental" alert group.

If you select Normal level, you will get Minor, Major, and so on.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_0101100.html#d85763e1667a1635

This guide is for UCSM 2.0, but you can look for the guide version that you are running.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Zaira Vega
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are two settings involved here:

Level field

Cisco UCS faults that are greater than or equal to this level trigger the profile. This can be one of the following:

Critical

Debug

Disaster

Fatal

Major

Minor

Normal

Notification

Warning

Alert groups field

The group or groups that are alerted based on this Call Home profile. This can be one or more of the following:

Cisco Tac

Diagnostic

Environmental

Inventory

License

Life Cycle

Linecard

Supervisor

Syslog Port

System

Test

If you are looking to just receive hardware and environmental issues, check only the "environmental" alert group.

If you select Normal level, you will get Minor, Major, and so on.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2.0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_0101100.html#d85763e1667a1635

This guide is for UCSM 2.0, but you can look for the guide version that you are running.

That makes sense. I just setup the alert notifications. Is there a way to test to make sure it is working? I have a failed PSU and a bad DIMM now, but they have been bad for a while, so they are probably not going to send alerts. I need to replace the units (hopefully tonight), but I was hoping to be able to test the configuration before this happened.

Nevermind. I just found this command in the documentation.

UCS-A# scope monitoring
UCS-A /monitoring # scope callhome
UCS-A /monitoring/callhome # send-test-alert alert-description "This is a test alert" alert-group environmental

Glad you got it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: