Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on setting VLAN on blade

I had an ESXi host on a UCS blade and in that the VLAN 138 was configured right from the ESXi host. I rebuilt the blade as a physical Server 2008 host and the nic in the physical server under properties under Configure does not have the standard VLAN setting where I could set it to 138. I went to the service profile and changed the default vlan to 138 and reset the connectivity but I still cannot connect outside the server.

Update: I do not know what I did but I have one up and running. I guess my question is this. Does the server have to be rebooted if I make a change to a nic card through the profile in order for it to take effect?

4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello William,

If you are adding / removing VLANs to vNIC from service profile, it does not require reboot of the server.

Padma

Hi Padma/William

You might be having an initializing template rather than an updating one. That can be a reason why it might would have required a reboot. I am new to UCS. Tell me if I am wrong.

Tushir

You are right Tushir, It depends on the template used.

@ William::Well Is it possible for you to Acknowledge ur Chassis?

It might help to solve your problem.,,,,Well its just a try and dont forget that the entire Hardware Config will be re read if you acknowldege ur Chassis.

After building this server as a physcial 2008 server I had no better performance than the ESXi hosted VM's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card