cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RAID - Local Disk Configuration Policy Question

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this issue where I configured my Basic Service Profile as Any Configuration mode, associate that service profile to the server (1) and then boots the OS.

After a while, I create an Expert Service Profile and change the have my Local Disk Configuration to Raid 10 mode. Here comes my problem where my service profile got a config-failure status and cannot start.

I read in cisco documents http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/1.4/UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_1_4_chapter28.html where it says

Note   

If you disassociate the server from a service profile with this option enabled and then associate it with a new service profile that includes a local disk configuration policy with different properties, the server returns a configuration mismatch error and the association fails.

So how do I change the settings of my storage to RAID10 from AnyConfiguration? I tried setting the scrub policy but was no luck! Where is the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I guess I should have been more specific in asking my last question, are you using the B200/230/250 or the 440 blade.

The RAID 1+0 (i.e RAID 10) will only work on the B440 blade since it needs min of 4 disk.

./Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Warquezho,

Which blade are you using to associate this profile?

./Abhinav

Hi abbharga,

Im using Cisco 5108 chassis based UCS, and I'm using the First Blade in the chassis to associate the new service profile with different Local Disk Configuration Policy setup

Hi,

I guess I should have been more specific in asking my last question, are you using the B200/230/250 or the 440 blade.

The RAID 1+0 (i.e RAID 10) will only work on the B440 blade since it needs min of 4 disk.

./Abhinav

Hi

I'm using B200 half-width blade server.

I see that RAID 1+0 (RAID10) cannot work with B200 since it only has 2 disk. But as far as I can remember, I did also try to configure Raid 0 or Raid 1 yesterday and still get the same result..

Would you know what might be the cause of my issue? Is it related to the MODE setup in Local Disk Configuration Policy? If it is how can I solved this?

Hi,

1) In the "General" tab for the service-profile where you see the config-failure, can you expand the Status details and checl for the exact reason why the config is failing. Probably you can post the screen capture here for me to take a look at.

2) In the local-disk policy, do you have the protected mode option checked? If so can you remove that and check for the association.

./Abhinav

Hi abbharga,

1. Will try to look for this when I get back to my client

2. Will also try to this when I get back to my client

I just have a few questions in setting up raid in UCS... Does the B200 blade supports any raid configuration like raid 0 or raid 1? As far as I'm aware, raid 0 and raid 1 only needs two hardrive right?

Also does the ANY CONFIGURATION mode in the "Change Local Disk Configuration Policy" has an equivalent RAID setup? If none then how is the data flow on the two hardrive? Does it used only one hardrive or both?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card