cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Red Hat OS license install(subscription)

sw.park90
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support Community,

I have installed the Cisco UCS C 240 M4 machine with RHEL OS(OEM). Then I got the PAK number for RHEL license.

I have added the PAK on the Product License Registration site(www.cisco.com/go/license).

And then trying to get license. But I have confused about next procedural.

First, I have installed the RHEL 7.3 version. But I can't find later version of 6.x version. Can I select "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.3 or later 6.x" for use RHEL 7.3 version? Is there any problem about this selection?

Second, What kind of ID to enter Red Hat Network Login ID? I think must entered customers ID to blank box. But I have received this email from redhat.

-  "Please make sure to use your Cisco email address so these subscriptions get tied to the correct account."
What is this mean? What Cisco email for use? Customer must make both of Cisco, Redhat ID?

I have just a little time for complete this project.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joerg Wolters
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the selection of higher release numbers isn't possible in the license portal at this point in time. There is no problem with selecting the highest release available; the subscription is valid for RHEL 7.3 as well. 

In the Redhat portal you need to authenticate with the customer Login ID. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joerg Wolters
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately the selection of higher release numbers isn't possible in the license portal at this point in time. There is no problem with selecting the highest release available; the subscription is valid for RHEL 7.3 as well. 

In the Redhat portal you need to authenticate with the customer Login ID. 

Hi Joerg,

Thanks for reply.

I'll doing that what you said.

Really Thanks.

Daniel.

I have this problem too, I login http://access.redhat.com/subscriptions with my redhat ID, but no subscription active, we have 16 server cisco UCS C220 M5SX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: