cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Register with UCS Central - Stuck on Repair Cert Verify Guid

jjewett001
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a new instance of UCS Central running v1.1.1a up.  I'm trying to register my 3 UCS Manager domains.  It seems to accept the hostname/shared secret and prompts me about accepting the certificate.  But when I look at the FSM tab I see it's stuck on "Repair Cert Verify Guid".

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,

Jonathan

9 Replies 9

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jonathan,

A few questions

Are you sure the shared-secret matches between Central and UCSM ?

Are you using self-signed certs or third party signed certs on UCSM ?

Are those certs still valid ?

Were these UCSM previously registered with different Central device ?

Padma

Hi Padma,

Are you sure the shared-secret matches between Central and UCSM ?  Yes.  Just to make sure, I reset the shared secret and tried to Register with UCS Central again, but it made no difference.

Are you using self-signed certs or third party signed certs on UCSM ?  I am using the self-signed cert that UCS Central issues.

Are those certs still valid ?  I think the self-signed cert is okay, I can login to the UCS Central webpage.

Were these UCSM previously registered with different Central device ?  No. However one of the domains was successfully registered with this UCS Central server and then unregistered.  Then I made a number of changes to the UCSM including updating to Infra bundle 2.1.2a.  I don’t think updating the UCSM infrastructure bundle would have this effect, but I wonder if I need to reset the UCS Central system somehow.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello,

I have same exact issue, I am not sure, it is UCSM side or UCS Central side?  Please post soultion , if you have found resolution.

Thanks

hi I am having the same exact issue. but when I go to my ucs central prompt

connect local-mgmt

re-generate certificate

exit

I do not see a re-generate command

try the instructions from here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11884091/stuck-repair-cert-verify-ucs-central-integration#comment-10046291

I have fixed this isseu by re generating new certificate on UCS Central. Below are commands used

connect local-mgmt

re-generate certificate

exit

commit-buffer

It will droup UCS Central GUI interface and should come up in quickly.  Try registering  UCS doamin.

Please post if above solution works.

Thanks

Hetal Soni

Hello,

Yes, expired UCSM cert could be one of the possible cause.

Other causes could be

1. Shared secret mismatch

2. UCS Central is not reachable

3. UCS Central GUID is different from the already registered UCS Central's GUID

4. Time is not in sync between UCSM and UCS Central

If you still have the issue, please provide output of following commands

scope system

scope control-ep policy

show fsm status

In addition, there will be more info in pa_setup.log file in UCSM techsupport bundle.

HTH

Padma

I have this same issue. I suspect my problem is the UCS Central GUID, because at first I registered this domain to a different UCS Central instance.

How can I clear the UCS Central GUID on UCS Manager?

Regards,

Could you resolve your problem and if yes, how?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card