Views
Helpful
Replies

Registration and updating UCS C210 M2

GlennIngIT
Level 1
Level 1
Hi all

I have a server cisco UCS C210 M2 would like to know two things.

1 - You need to register the product (the server) with the login and password on cisco website? If so I can tell how?

2 - I want to update the driver and firmware from cisco website, but I have aproblem, put the information on the network, put the login and password but itthrows errors that do not find the url or driver does not exist, I have the ucs utility cdversion 2.0, I can tell better how to upgrade the server, please.

Thank you very much for responding.

regards

6 Replies 6

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Glenn,

If you have your server in standalone mode then you can use the Host Upgrade Utility (HUU) to upgrade the all components of the UCS box, check out the following links, the HUU makes upgrades a lot easier >

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283862069&flowid=25882&softwareid=283850974&release=1.4%283j%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest  ->  Latest HUU version

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/lomug/1.4.x/install/b_HUUUG_1_4.html -> Upgrade with the HUU step-by-step

Regarding the error messages you are getting, could you specify what you are doing step-by-step and great if you can add an screenshot here to have a better idea of the problem.

-Kenny

Thank you very much for your help I could upgrade the components found on the CD.

But now I have other questions, if you please can help me. I have these errors are not they try and let me know if this is normal, one refers to PSU2_Fan.

and another is a warning of a chipset.

On the other hand these are the images of the mistakes that I have at the time of the update of cisco.com through disk utility, these images are to update the firmware and BIOS.

these other images are to update the drivers.

And another question to see if that IP CIMC and indicating where the set up.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thanks for the help.

Glenn,

1- Has the PSU2 been reseated already? If not, please try that, cuase it is not normal to have the PSU's fan turned off. If the issue is not resolved, open a TAC case to have a closer look and provide a replacement if needed.

2- For the issue with the chipset, I recommend to open a TAC case as well.

3-Well, with the HUU you can update all components at once, so I (personally) would not use those disks for something I can do in one shot.

4-If you are asking where to set up the IP for CIMC then you need to:

a-Reboot the server

b-Press F8 when prompted (At the big CISCO logo) to access CIMC set up screen

c-Give it an IP address, mask and gateway

d-Decide if you want use the dedicated CIMC port or if you want to share the LOM ports for normal traffic and OOB (out of band / management) traffic

e-Save changes and exit

-Kenny

A question Keny this error "1 - Has the PSU2 Been reseated already? If not, please try that, cuase it is not usual to Have the PSU's fan turned off. If the issue is not resolved, open a TAC case to Have a closer Provide a look and replacement if needed. "is associated with the power supply because the PSU1_Fan s in Power On, right now I have only one power source so maybe PSU2_Fan with error appears, if not then do the tests so that you indicated me.

As to point 3 you'll know why these errors appear to me when I actulizalizarlos from cisco.com?

And in section 4 let me know so that we served CIMC

Sorry again and thanks for responding

Observation By chance you speak Spanish?

Glenn,

I do speak Spanish, however this forum is for English speakers, I would not like to answer your questions if they will not be able to understand them.

I encourage you to use our support community in Spanish, which I frequently visit as well:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/spanish/data_center?view=discussions

Please let me know once you have posted your question, cause I am a little confused with your last set of questions

-Kenny

Here is in Spanish https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3659107#3659107

Please help, thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: