cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing domain from UCS Central

mdrudge
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6248 domain I would like to remove from UCS Central, and have a couple of questions.  We're running Central version 2.0.1i and firmware version 4.04b.  This domain I would like to remove does not have any chassis or rackmounts connected, and will then be shut down, so I don't care what happens to the domain itself.  My concern is that we have a production 6332 domain in the same domain group, using the same pools, named VLANs, policies, etc.  I would not think that removing the old domain would cause a problem, but I'm not sure.  Would it be a good idea to move the domain to ungrouped, instead of the production group?  Is there anything I need to do to make sure I don't lose any settings on my new domain?  Am I just being a worrywart?  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should have no issues removing the domain from central. Domains in the domain group just point to the same pools, etc....they do not depend on one another. If you wanted to be overly cautious you could move to ungrouped, but still would not expect any issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Should have no issues removing the domain from central. Domains in the domain group just point to the same pools, etc....they do not depend on one another. If you wanted to be overly cautious you could move to ungrouped, but still would not expect any issues.

Thanks, Wes, I appreciate it!  I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, to make sure my understanding is correct

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card