Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Renaming Service Profile after Creation via Template

Hi there,

first ... I found an earlier discussion, but it was from 2010 so there changed alot. At this time it was planned for a future implementation

Creating server profiles via service templatesalways adds a number (based on how many profiles i generate).

But I don't need this number. We have a nameconvention for servers and this on should end with a zero (like abcd9000).

So how can I use templates without the numbers (leaving field blank does not work).or how can I change the name of the new service profile?

We are running on Version 1.4(3q).

Regards

Silvio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cpaggen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Renaming objects is currently not possible. What you can do here is use the Create a Clone feature which is available when you right-click an existing Service Profile (SP). This gives you the option to choose a new name altogether and the location of the cloned SP. It's very useful if you use address pools in the master SP because the cloned SP automatically borrows addresses from the same pool. If you are bored after clicking Create a Clone 30 times, this is something you can automate quite easily with the UCS Power Toolkit (a Powershell module with 1300+ cmdlets).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cpaggen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Renaming objects is currently not possible. What you can do here is use the Create a Clone feature which is available when you right-click an existing Service Profile (SP). This gives you the option to choose a new name altogether and the location of the cloned SP. It's very useful if you use address pools in the master SP because the cloned SP automatically borrows addresses from the same pool. If you are bored after clicking Create a Clone 30 times, this is something you can automate quite easily with the UCS Power Toolkit (a Powershell module with 1300+ cmdlets).

Dear Christophe

Thx for this hint. For now it definetly fits to my ideas.

I tried it and it worked nice.

So I will wait, what will happen in future ^^

Regards Silvio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card