Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing faulty Interconnect with new FI that has a newer firmware

Hello,

I'm about to replace an faulty FI with a replacement one that was sent to us.

My question is: If the new FI comes with a newer firmware. Would the replacement FI be automatically downgraded to 3.2 like it would be automatically upgraded if it had an older firmware?

Reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/hw/6200-install-guide/6200_HIG/6200_HIG_chapter_010.html#concept_6DA0613F853742A6894B1896FB08731D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amarino2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the higher firmware of the new Fabric Interconnect? 

If you want to be extra cautious, go through the initial setup on the new Fabric Interconnect and set it up in Standalone mode (using network settings that don't overlap with your current FI). Upload the same firmware as your production and downgrade it. Once downgraded SSH to it and "#connect local-mgmt", then "(local-mgmt)# erase configuration" and it will reboot once more to the initial setup. Then you should be good to replace it without any firmware sync needing to happen. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

amarino2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the higher firmware of the new Fabric Interconnect? 

If you want to be extra cautious, go through the initial setup on the new Fabric Interconnect and set it up in Standalone mode (using network settings that don't overlap with your current FI). Upload the same firmware as your production and downgrade it. Once downgraded SSH to it and "#connect local-mgmt", then "(local-mgmt)# erase configuration" and it will reboot once more to the initial setup. Then you should be good to replace it without any firmware sync needing to happen. 

Okej, I will do that. Thank you for your quick respond :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: