cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restore a Snapshot taken in VMWare Vpshere using UCS HX Data platform

JohnFrancis3720
Level 1
Level 1

How would I revert a snapshot in VSphere 6.5 as it does not show under Cisco HX Data Platform (only to take a snapshot, schedule and clones), but I want to revert it to a specific snapshot? I go to VSphere snapshot it shows "Revert to latest snapshots", but I am not sure which one will it go. I am not able to revert back to a specific snapshot. How can I do this. As, I need to get it to a specific snapshot for example dated on 04152020. Please, help.

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/hyperconverged_systems/HyperFlex_HX_DataPlatformSoftware/AdminGuide/3_5/b_HyperFlexSystems_AdministrationGuide_3_5/m_hxdp_snapshots.html#id_37343

"Reverting to a Snapshot

Reverting a snapshot is returning a VM to a state stored in a snapshot. Reverting to a snapshot is performed on one VM at a time. This is not performed at the resource pool or VM folder level. Reverting snapshots is performed through the vCenter Snapshot Manager and not through the HX Data Platform plug-in."

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: