Helpful
Replies

Reusing Fabric Interconnect with UCS X9508

vankadari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a setup with a pair of fabric interconnects and few UCS 5108 chassis

Can I add UCSX 9508 chassis to the same set of fabric interconnect?  (after changing it to intersight manage mode)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can do this. The hardware that you have installed in the 5108 will need to be supported by IMM mode as well and on the proper firmware version.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Might be helpful if you have basic drawing of what you are proposing to make sure we are understanding your question fully.

Kirk...

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can connect the 9508 to 6400 when you use IMM, but will have to setup everything in Intersight in order to bring the links up to the IFM module and everything will need to be managed via Intersight. You cannot manage the 9508 in Intersight and then manage 5108 via traditional UCSM.

Thanks for info.  The more specific question is 

Can I manage 5108 from the same set of FIs that manage 9508 chassis in Intersight Managed Mode

i.e. FIs running in IMM and has both 9508 chassis and 5108 chassis attached to it

Yes you can do this. The hardware that you have installed in the 5108 will need to be supported by IMM mode as well and on the proper firmware version.

Awesome, is there any document that describes the scenario.  Would like to share with the team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card