cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service profile booting the wrong blade

mathew.goddard
Level 1
Level 1

If I go to the 'Equipment' tab, navigate chassis 8, blade 2, then do 'Associate Service Profile', it applies the profile to a completely different blade - chassis 9, blade 2.sp-assoc-wrong-blade2.png

I've used this exact process a whole bunch of times in the past and it's never done this before. I get the same result if I go to the (unassociated) service profile and do 'Change Service Profile Association'. Likewise, I get the same result if I create a new service profile.

Any ideas what's happening here and how to resolve it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please confirm if you are using server pools.

I have seen similar behavior when the service profile or bound template points to a server pool.

When trying to directly apply a service profile to a specific physical server (with server pools enabled) you often get a different physical server assigned.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please confirm if you are using server pools.

I have seen similar behavior when the service profile or bound template points to a server pool.

When trying to directly apply a service profile to a specific physical server (with server pools enabled) you often get a different physical server assigned.

Kirk...

I am indeed using a server pool, but I've always chosen a specific server in the past and it's always worked fine...until now.

In any case, I tried temporarily removing server 9/2 from the pool and then attempting the process again. This time it worked fine. So, thanks!

A server pool is typically used when you do not have a preference for what profile is tied to what blade.

If you want to manually assign a service profile to specific piece of hardware, you can remove the server pool to accomplish this. Otherwise, you may still have to manipulate the profiles as you did this go around to get the profile you want on the blade you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card