Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Profiles Migration between Server M2 and M3

Hi Cisco Top Guns!!!

I have tried to migrate some service profiles between servers M2 (with M81KR) to M3 (with Vic 1240 and Vic 1280) and Windows 2008 R2 recognized the interfaces on M3 as new interfaces.

The ghost devices interfaces (old interfaces) still presents on Windows and to rename the new interfaces or apply the same IP configurations, I need to remove the ghosts interrfaces.

On my opinion, this change goes against the UCS philosophy.

I have a case opened with Cisco Developed Team and now Im sharing this issue with the community. Anyone have benn passed for this problem too?

Regards,

Fábio Henrique Teixeira - System ITS

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fabio,

Can you please share the SR #.  I'd like to investigate/engage on this issue.  I've worked on similar issues in the past.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

The SR is 625367147.

David McFarland
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a hardware change to the operating system. While UCSM can abstract the MAC/WWPN/WWNN information, the operating system recognizes a hardware adapter difference and will instatiate new devices. This is an OS issue. Some OS's (Linux) will allow you to set a flag to ignore the hardware change. I'm not aware of whether and what versions of Windows that will allow the same behavor. We cannot modfy the hardware identification change, as we use it within UCSM to manage allowable firmware bundles and adapter polices (vnics/vhbas/fabric failover)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card