Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP needed in Intel PCIe X520

dani_bosch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Customer wants to buy UCS c-240m4 with Intel X520 PCIe card, and I need to know what Multimode Optic Fiber SFP+ transceiver I have to purchase along with the card....my Intel distributor tells me I need FTLX8571D3BCL, but according to the following website it seems I need FTLX8571D3BCV-IT.....website is that one:
http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/sb/CS-032530.htm

Could you help me out on this?
Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Qiese Dides
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Morning Dani,

Below I pasted the spec sheet for the UCS C-240 M4. This will also tell you what type of SFP cables are supported.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/c240m4-sff-spec-sheet.pdf

This will tell you what is compataible with what type of cards.

Hope this help if you have any questions please let me know.

Regards,

Qiese Dides

Hello Qiese,

Problem is, in the spec sheet you mention (C240M4) there is no advise about what exact SFP do I need to buy. It simply reads: "Use Intel SFP". No specifications of what SFP should I exactly buy...

Hi Dani,

Yes, I wanted to send you that guide so you can refer to that section of the document "Use Intel SFP", so you could have hard evidence of what Cisco Recommends. (To use what the hardware vendor specifies).

As Wes Austin stated and based on what the spec sheet described, you want to use what the hardware vendor (INTEL) specified. I would contact your intel distributor and consult with him on why he recommended one thing but the INTEL website says another.

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dani,

Intel is the hardware vendor, so I would stick with what is tested and supported via there spec sheet / website. If you have any doubts, I would consult with your Intel distributor and raise the same question.

HTH,

Wes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card