Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP Problem with Fex 2232

gstoek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i have a problem with a GLC-T SFP inserted in a FEX 2232 PP which is connected to a Fabric-Interconnect 6140 in a UCS managed environment.

I get the error message: "spf operation failed".

If i insert  the same SFP in another Port on the Fex 2232 which is belonging to another 8-Port Block, the SFP is recognized.

As the Fex 2232 is completely unmanaged, i cannot configure anything from the UCS Manager.

Is there perhaps any internal rule, that it is only possible to insert as many GLC-T SFPs as there are 10G Twinax Cables or SFP-10GB-SR SFPs connected to the FEX ?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot plug the GLC-T into the uplink port, if memory serves me correct, as this port will only operate in 10 Gbps.

i did NOTput it in a uplink port!

Ports 1-32 are Server Ports.

Hello,

Following SFP types are supported to connect ports ( uplinks )  between FI and FEX N2232PP

SFP-10GE-SR

FET-10GE

GLC-T is not supported for connecting FI and FEX.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c-series_integration/ucsm2.0.2/b_UCSM_202_C-Integration_chapter_0100.html

Also, uplinks ports on FEX must be connected to one of the eight ports on right block.

Padma

padramas,

i am not talking about the uplink between FEX and FI.

I am talking about a Server Port on the Fex!!!

The Uplinks are working fine with Twinax 5m Cables.

Thanks for the clarification.

When you had the GLC-T SFP in the port that displayed error, was it just cosmetic error message or server connected to that port was not able to send the traffic ?

If you still have the connection, please paste following command output

connect nxos

show version

show int eth X/1/Y

X - FEX ID

Y - port number

Padma

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card