Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP Problem with Fex 2232

gstoek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i have a problem with a GLC-T SFP inserted in a FEX 2232 PP which is connected to a Fabric-Interconnect 6140 in a UCS managed environment.

I get the error message: "spf operation failed".

If i insert  the same SFP in another Port on the Fex 2232 which is belonging to another 8-Port Block, the SFP is recognized.

As the Fex 2232 is completely unmanaged, i cannot configure anything from the UCS Manager.

Is there perhaps any internal rule, that it is only possible to insert as many GLC-T SFPs as there are 10G Twinax Cables or SFP-10GB-SR SFPs connected to the FEX ?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot plug the GLC-T into the uplink port, if memory serves me correct, as this port will only operate in 10 Gbps.

i did NOTput it in a uplink port!

Ports 1-32 are Server Ports.

Hello,

Following SFP types are supported to connect ports ( uplinks )  between FI and FEX N2232PP

SFP-10GE-SR

FET-10GE

GLC-T is not supported for connecting FI and FEX.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c-series_integration/ucsm2.0.2/b_UCSM_202_C-Integration_chapter_0100.html

Also, uplinks ports on FEX must be connected to one of the eight ports on right block.

Padma

padramas,

i am not talking about the uplink between FEX and FI.

I am talking about a Server Port on the Fex!!!

The Uplinks are working fine with Twinax 5m Cables.

Thanks for the clarification.

When you had the GLC-T SFP in the port that displayed error, was it just cosmetic error message or server connected to that port was not able to send the traffic ?

If you still have the connection, please paste following command output

connect nxos

show version

show int eth X/1/Y

X - FEX ID

Y - port number

Padma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card