cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SHA-2 certificate support on UCS-Manager and UCS-Central

Dennis Lefeber
Level 1
Level 1

Does someone know if certificates that are encrypted using SHA-2 algoritmes supported on UCS Manager (v2.2) and UCS Central (v1.3)?

3 Replies 3

Mic Dykstra
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering that myself, opened a ticket with TAC today to get the answer. I cannot tell if my PKI isnt working right, if I am not doing this right, or if it isnt supported. I got this working on SHA1 before, but the PKI infrastructure has been redone (partially) and only gives me SHA2

I'm having a similar issue. I can get secure LDAP working over port 389 using StartTLS with a SHA1 LDAP certificate for UCS Central. But it fails with a SHA2 LDAP certificate. We are using Microsoft Active Directory domain controllers as LDAP servers.

I've opened up a TAC case as well. Hoping to get an answer soon.

Update: The issue is now resolved. UCS Central supports both SHA-1 and SHA-2 certificates, so that was not the issue. The issue just happened to manifest itself when I was working with the SHA-2 trusted point.

The issue was related to a known bug in the version of UCS Central we are running (v1.3 1b)  - Symbolic links not removed correctly when managing Trusted Points. Details of this issue and the workaround (manually unlink the broken symbolic links from command line) are here: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuy14299/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir 

This issue is resolved in v1.4 (1b).

Regards,

Mario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card