Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Traps and Monitoring UCS

oramirezm21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys;

During the implementation of UCS Blades I found a number of issues that have not been solved. I need to monitor the UCS solution through a NMS with traps and monitoring certain items. To do this I require deliver the MIBS to the Monitoring group and tell the OIDs to monitor certain things but I dont found especific documentation about this. I need to monitor things like the states of the fans, cpu, memory and connections.

The solution consists of:

Fabric Interconnects: 2 x 6140XP

Chassis: 9 x 5108

Servers: 70 x B230M2

UCSM v1.4

Although i need apply certain security to SNMP like ACL to secure the solution in the Customer Environment.

8 Replies 8

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Padma;

Thanks for your response. But, how i find the OIDs especficis to monitor certain things? (for example status of the fans). I need to know especific OID to monitor.

Orlando,

Currently I am not aware of doc or tool that provides direct translation of UCS MIB objects.

OID for FAN inventory --  1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.15.12

OID for fault table --   1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.1.1.1

Alternate way is to load the MIBs and browse the table for required objects.

HTH

Padma

Hi Padma;

Thank you for this objects but i need more than this. Please send me a tool to find the UCS MIB objects or another one that have any usefull guide.

Orlando Ramirez

HI @oramirezm21 

This the reference guide for UCS MIBs:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/mib/b-series/b_UCS_MIBRef/UCS_MIBRef_chapter_01000.html#reference_935B3C0D78E14A14B8D36FBD4A8D2883

Or go over the supported MIBs:

file:///C:/Users/SERGIU~1.DAN/AppData/Local/Temp/ucs-manager-supportlist.html 

Based on the that, you can then go into the OID repository and see what OIDs are available in the specific MIB:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/oid/ 

Hope it helps,

Sergiu

What would be the OID of overall server status if i'm planning to monitor the status of UCS C240 M4S2

Hi @bobbywayne08569 ,

To locate any desired OID, go the supported MIB list by UCS C: ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/ucs/ 

Or you can find additional details about the MIBs here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/mib/b-series/b_UCS_MIBRef/UCS_MIBRef_chapter_01000.html#reference_935B3C0D78E14A14B8D36FBD4A8D2883 

Once you know which MIB contains the desired info, go and see all OIDs using this: ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/oid/ 

Hope it helps,

Sergiu

Hi Sergiu,

The MIB located support list shows only till  "Cisco UCS C-series software release 3.0 and later releases"

My current firmware is 4.0 will the 3.0 release MIB supports my version ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: