Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[SOLVED] CIMC 2.0(3i): Launch of KVM Console fails

Hi,

After upgrading to CIMC version 2.0(3i), launching KVM Console fails with Java error "Unable to launch the application"

Java Exception trace follows:

JNLPException[category: Download Error : Exception: null : LaunchDesc: null
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareLaunchFile(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareAllResources(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Clicking on "Details" button of the error window and selecting the "Launch File" tab, a list of JAR archives is shown, e.g.:

<property name="jnlp.packEnabled" value="true"/>
  <nativelib href="https://10.2.0.3:443/software/avctVMMac64.jar" download="eager"/>
<property name="jnlp.packEnabled" value="true"/>

When pointing the browser to "https://10.2.0.3:443/software/avctVMMac64.jar" I get "404 Not found" error. It happens also with all other JARs.

This issue happens on every PC I have tried to and with IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Java version is 1.8.0_31.

In previous version of CIMC KVM worked correctly and manually accessing the JARs works.

Any help on this? Thanks.

--

Filippo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Weird, you mentioned you had tried different browsers... anyways... mark the thread as solved for future users to see you got it figured out.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Filipo,

I know you mentioned this was working prior to the upgrade but I just want to be sure about the basics first...  Is there any other JAVA version install in the PC? (I know you mentioned this happens on any PC but we can focus on one and then see if we can apply the same fix on the others)

-Kenny

Dear Keny,

Thanks for your reply.

To the best of my understanding, no other Java versions are currently installed in that laptop, with the exception of some JREs bundled with CCX Script Editor.

Do you have any other suggestion? I.e. getting some low-level logs or doing some CIMC troubleshooting over SSH?

--

Filippo

Just a couple of things I have seen people doing in the past:

1-I have seen customer opening the .jnlp file and verify the user password sent to CIMC is the correct one.  Sometimes, that gets changed for no reason and a correction of the password helps.

2-Downgrade to an older Java version, maybe Java 7 u21

HTH,

-Kenny

Solved - the issue was due to Internet Explorer being in "off line" mode.

Wierd!

--

Filippo

Weird, you mentioned you had tried different browsers... anyways... mark the thread as solved for future users to see you got it figured out.

-Kenny

Thanks for the feedback Filippo

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card