Views
Helpful
Replies

Super loud noise on Cisco UCS240 M4

markgaring1989
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Want to ask why does the cimc refusing connection and giving an error 0x18008080 and then makes the server super noisy? Any solution for this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah.

so I'm guessing the actual removal of the Cr2032 battery is probably what helped reset a cmos setting.

Glad to hear it is resolved.

Kirk...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Refer to Cisco IMC refusing connections on C220M4

You might want to engage TAC.

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have seen a mix of issues cause that particular error/scenario.

If you have physical access to the server, I would try a USB base HUU upgrade (use Rufus or similar app to apply HUU to USB stick).

The Fans stay high when the CIMC is not functioning correctly (i.e this scenario, memleak), or unmanaged PCI-E cards are present.

Did any activity immediately predate this condition (i.e. HUU upgrade)?

You will need to work with TAC to determine correct action plan.

Kirk...

Hi,

How to perform HUU Upgrade when you turned on the machine the only word that will prompt in the monitor is error 0x18008080 the serial no. is XXXXXXXXXXXX?

If you are only getting that, and no BIOS post sequences, then sounds like RMA is probably in order.

I would do hard power cycle, remove CMOS battery for a couple of minutes.

if no go,,, then TAC case.

Kirk...

Hi,

I've fixed the problem now by replacing the CMOS Battery a new one.

Thanks.

Ah.

so I'm guessing the actual removal of the Cr2032 battery is probably what helped reset a cmos setting.

Glad to hear it is resolved.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: