Views
Helpful
Replies

Suspended Interfaces on 5548 to downstream 6248

sswanson13
Level 1
Level 1

MMNEXUS01# sh int status

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Port          Name               Status    Vlan      Duplex  Speed   Type

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eth1/1        UCS-6248-1         suspnd    trunk     full    10G     SFP-H10GB-C

Eth1/2        UCS-6248-2         connected trunk     full    10G     SFP-H10GB-C

Eth1/3        UCS-6248-1         suspnd    trunk     full    10G     SFP-H10GB-C

Eth1/4        UCS-6248-2         connected trunk     full    10G     SFP-H10GB-C

Eth1/5        UCS-6248-1         suspnd    trunk     full    10G     SFP-H10GB-C

Eth1/6        UCS-6248-2         connected trunk     full    10G     SFP-H10GB-C

This is what I see when we bring up the 6248 Fabric interconnects. If we bounce the interfaces on the 6248 FI's, we see the interfaces go active and then back to suspended... These are all in one VPC group from the Nexus 5548's to the FI's. I have the FI's cross linked to each to each nexus etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ssumichrast
Level 1
Level 1

You need two port groups there -- do you have FI A and FI B in the same port group?  That's not going to work -- FI A and FI B have to be treated exclusively.  You need a port group for the three FI A interfaces and then another for the three FI B interfaces. I assume there's another nexus switch with three more interfaces from each nexus?  Those need to go into the same port group as A.

So you'd have this:

Port group 1

Eth1/1

Eth1/3

Eth1/5

Eth1/1 (second nexus if it exists)

Eth1/3 (second nexus if it exists)

Erh1/5 (second nexus if it exists)

Port group 2

Eth1/2

Eth1/4

Eth1/6

Eth1/2 (second nexus if it exists)

Eth1/4 (second nexus if it exists)

Erh1/6 (second nexus if it exists)

Does that make sense?

Hey Steven,

Thanks for the quick response.

I believe you are saying I need to have 2 vPC's here. One for each Fabric interconnect. Is that correct? I thought I could do it with a singe vPC group.

Let me know. Thanks again!

The fabric interconnects are isolated devices, and they don't know about each other at the vpc level.  The nexus are expecting all of the ports to be the same device, however the 6248s are two discrete devices to the network, each requiring their own port group. Think about it, when you configure the port group on the ucs side you must create a port channel on FI A and one on FI B and they're seperate, unique port groups.

Forgot to mention, there is a 2nd Nexus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card