Hello Guys

I have problem with the KVM, not launch. This is the error:

java1.JPG

The browser is Firefox and the Java is 7

Any idea.

TIA

Cristian

25 Replies 25

I would update the java client to a 64 bit version.  We had this issue with our helpdesk.  A 32 bit version was pushed to their desktops and they could no longer open a KVM.  Installing the 64 bit client resolved their issue.

Long term, I would plan on upgrading the environment to the latest 3.2 version.  Java will no longer be required with opening a kvm.

vKVM is still not working even if I have installed the Java 8 for 64-bit.

I also stated that older firmware versions require older java. If it’s asking for version 6, you should have version 6 installed. Those are the only three things I have run across. Fourth in would be FW rules. But you stated it worked before so I don’t think that may be it.

The vKVM never worked before. My colleague had similar issues with this vKVM and he was not able to run the vKVM. It asks for Java version 7 or higher when I try to run it from CIMC but my machine has Java version 8 with 64 bit and it still is not running. Now I am having two issues with my UCS server: I am not able to run the vKVM and I am also not able to download a CUCM OS image file to the vSphere Datastore, the download breaks halfway again and again. But I am able to download smaller files though.

Those old CIMC firmware versions will not work with java 8, and take a lot of tweak'n to even get to work with java 7.

I would see if you can somehow find Java 6 runtime.

Alternatively, you could get one of the latest 1.43 HUU ISO for your server (i'm assuming you have a M1,M2 generation server if  you are still running 1.42), and extract the CIMC and BIOS files, and upgrade the CIMC that way with the firmware management tab under admin/utilities link.

Once you had a later CIMC running, it is more likely to to play nice with the later Java versions,,, and then you could boot the HUU ISO to finish the rest of the upgrade.

Kirk...

I am doing all these remotely through VPN. My colleague did all these from local LAN.

To start with, you could download the HUU ISO locally from https://software.cisco.com/download/home/283862069/type/283850974/release/1.4(3z09)?i=!pp

as an example for a c210m2 server.

Using 7zip archive utility, you will want to unzip to get to the following paths:

ucs-c200-huu-1.4.3z09\C200M1_1.4.3Z09\1.4.3z09\cimc\c200-m1-cimc.1.4.3z09\upd-pkg-c200-m1-cimc.full.1.4.3z09.bin

and ucs-c200-huu-1.4.3z09\C200M1_1.4.3Z09\1.4.3z09\bios\recovery\recovery.img

See on the firmware upgrade process through the GUI.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/gui/config/guide/1-4-1/b_Cisco_UCS_C-Series_GUI_Configuration_Guide_141/b_Cisco_UCS_C-Series_GUI_Configuration_Guide_141_chapter_01101.html#task_94832943DCAA4854A4AA135D54FB2B50

Kirk...

Is your Cincinnati configured for inband or outband management. Or both?

Sorry I meant CIMC.

How can we upgrade if we are not able to launch kvm

You can upgrade it how Kirk J said in his last post, I mean, you can upgrade the firmware from cli or from gui with the .bin file, it's not neccesary huu or kvm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card