Views
Helpful
Replies

The UCS cluster is running with 1.5(7a) firmware currently

Shankar K
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

My customer run into issues on UCS standalone cluster due to bugs CSCuj10535 and CSCuq83761

The UCS cluster is running with 1.5(7a) firmware currently

So we are planning to upgrade the firmware on to problematic server only. So my query is if running 1.5(7e)1 firmware on a single UCS-C series server in a cluster of UCS-C series servers running 1.5(7a) will have any negative impact on the UCS environment. 

I haven't tested this before. Should this has to be tested or is this supported

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Shankar K

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What specifically is clustered? The OS, a database, etc? The difference between those two releases are a number of fairly important bug fixes that get implemented (i.e. cimc memory leak, etc), not new functionality.   I'm guessing the OS isn't going to perceive any difference unless it is some functionality that would be impacted by one of the bug fixes. http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/OL-32279-01.html#pgfId-618607 It is always best practice to have a consistent environment, so I would get your other server updated when ever possible.

Thanks,

Kirk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card