cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

There are not enough resources overall MAC address assignment failed for a vNIC, possibly illegal MAC address or no available MACs in the pool

Vadim Semenov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all,

i have configured Service Profile Template, but i can not assign it on blade server because of following error

There are not enough resources overall
MAC address assignment failed for a vNIC, possibly illegal MAC address or no available MACs in the pool

It's quite intresting error, because there are 20 free mac-address in MAC-POOL. Service Profile contains 2 vNIC: vNIC, iSCSI vNIC.

Hardwire NIC is 1240.

5 Replies 5

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Vadim,

Can you confirm which MAC pool you are using for your iSCSI vNIC? I see your ethernet vNic have MAC addresses assigned, however the iSCSI vNIC is listed as "derived"

See if setting the pool correctly helps resolve the error.

Thanks,

Wes

I haven't choosen any mac address pool for iSCSI, because i follow following advice "Do NOT assign MAC addresses here!!  Will not boot if you do!!"

Hi Vadim

Did you follow the procedure of

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-manager/116003-iscsi-ucs-config-00.html

Did you create a iSCSI vnic, and to which overlay vnic is it mapped ?

Is the overlay vnic in the native vlan ?

Walter.

Hi Walter,

Actually yes. Could you please say why i see link host adapter down - FI is set to switch mode, i use static pining to my lonely ethernet link...

Also one worth notice - i use ucs-mini with 6324 FI

Hi Vadim

1) Don't understand why you are using Ethernet in switch mode ? Why ? 99.9% of all UCS installation are running in End host mode.

2) is it correct, that you configured your 2 virtual interfaces with the hardware failover flag set ?

If yes, I would clearly propose that you attach one veth to fabric A resp B.

Walter.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card