cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble installing W2K12R2 on my first UCS C220 M4S server

jamesgilligan
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install W2K12R2 on my UCS C220 M4S server and I have configured a Virtual Drive(mirrored 2 physical Drives) on my Cisco 12G SAS Module Raid Controller, I then boot up with my ISO of W2K12R2 and get to the point where I am to identify which drive to install Windows on, there is only the one drive, when it comes up I get the warning Windows Can't be installed on Drive 0 Partition 1 (Show details) See UCS-ATTACH1 in Attachments.

I figured it was probably a driver related issues and downloaded the driver pack cxxx-scu-drivers-w2k12r2x64-3.0.8a and hunted for the drivers, Tried

see UCS-ATTACH2

Also tried both drives on UCS-ATTACH3

Is there a setting in BIOS I have missed?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

ssumichrast
Level 1
Level 1

Did you have to attach the CD-ROM ISO? Did you remember to reconnect the Windows ISO once you loaded the drivers? I can't tell you how many times I did that before I got frustrated and added the UCS drivers to the Windows install disk. 

Niko Nikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

James,

Is the VD you are attempting to install to configured as a bootable drive?

You could also try running the SCU (server configuration utility) to see if that works for you.

After creating VD , Do you configure set as a boot device ??

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c/sw/gui/config/guide/2-0/b_Cisco_UCS_C-series_GUI_Configuration_Guide_201/b_Cisco_UCS_C-series_GUI_Configuration_Guide_201_chapter_010011.html#task_D9EE704B331C4328B7107B54776E2EA8

Set as Boot Drive

Before You Begin

You must log in with admin privileges to perform this task.

Procedure
    Step 1   In the Navigation pane, click the Storage tab.
    Step 2   On the Storage tab, click the appropriate LSI MegaRAID controller.
    Step 3   On the Work pane, click the Virtual Drive Info tab.
    Step 4   In the Virtual Drives area, choose the drive from which the controller must boot.
    Step 5   In the Actions area, click Set as Boot Drive.
    Step 6   Click OK to confirm.

suhagdesai1
    Level 1
    Level 1

Try with disabled uEFI in bios, reboot and then try.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card