cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to repurpose UCS m220 previously used for something else; can't see anything on the external monitor

Q5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I have a couple of UCS m220 servers which used to work together in some sort of cluster
They were decommissioned and I am now trying to repuprose them
I have never touched an UCS before and I just started reading about is

Can anybody tell me how to reset these systems to factory default?

I have tried the common sense solution which was to connect a monitor to the rear side connector and an USB keyboard but nothing happened, even after I shortly plugged and unplugged the power cord of the device. 

The monitor stayed blank (it was setup to auto scan the input so no problem there) and the keyboard was not being powered up. I connected the keyboard to my laptop and it worked

The only thing that I can try would be the console (I only tried 56700 as speed; I read that 115200 ) but I expect to hit a login prompt for which I have no passwd

What do you guys recommend me to do ?

In a larger context, if I plan to use these just as servers with their internal HDD (SDD) do I need to learn UCS and all that? What would be a quick guide to get me off the ground?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Q5
Level 1
Level 1

This was solved. It helps if you press the minuscule power button on the front side . With all the leds blinking on the power supplies that is not a sign that the appliance is actually running 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Q5
Level 1
Level 1

This was solved. It helps if you press the minuscule power button on the front side . With all the leds blinking on the power supplies that is not a sign that the appliance is actually running 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card