cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two questions about the procedure to install Windows 2003 on UCS-C C220 M3

lomonaco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to do the same procedure as the video below to install a Windows 2003 in a UCS-C 220 M3 with UCSC RAID SAS 2008M-8i. This server is managed by the UCS Manager 2.2(3g)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/video/11927946/how-install-windows-2003-ucs-server

But the quality of the video is very bad.

Can someone help me with 02 questions about this procedure ?

01) Which software was used to simulate the floppy disk ?
   02) The image file (.img)  that she used was extracted from the UCS DVD ISO Drivers  or

I can find a .img file direct in the Cisco Downloads?

Thanks in Advanced

My Best Regards,

Andre Lomonaco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Andre,

I think she just used any floppy emulator  and for .img file, I didnt have a change to watch the whole video so I dont know what an .img could be useful for...

Note that Windows 2003 is not supported on that server with that firmware so you will not find the proper drivers anywhere in cisco.com  and also, Microsfot is ending support for it on July 14th this year so unless this is for a lab where unexpected behaviors can be afforded, I wouldn't install that on the C220-M3.

-Kenny

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Andre,

I think she just used any floppy emulator  and for .img file, I didnt have a change to watch the whole video so I dont know what an .img could be useful for...

Note that Windows 2003 is not supported on that server with that firmware so you will not find the proper drivers anywhere in cisco.com  and also, Microsfot is ending support for it on July 14th this year so unless this is for a lab where unexpected behaviors can be afforded, I wouldn't install that on the C220-M3.

-Kenny

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card