Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS 1.4.x - Grace Licenses Used after upgrade

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

[Relocating this post from another thread]

"I'm seeing an issue with  just the base "out of box" (8 ports per FI) licensing. It shows that  there is a 120 grace period and it's used 3 of them.

Here is the error:

warning  F067093835  sys/license/feature-ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG-cisco-1.0/inst-A/fault-F0670  license-graceperiod-entered license for ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG on  fabric-interconnect A has entered into the grace period.

warning  F067093836  sys/license/feature-ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG-cisco-1.0/inst-B/fault-F0670  license-graceperiod-entered license for ETH_PORT_ACTIVATION_PKG on  fabric-interconnect B has entered into the grace period."

UCSImage.jpg.png

Note the following changes in regards to licensing:

- Prior to 1.4 the first 8 ports were "licensed" by default (16 ports for  the 6140). From 1.4 and later you can use any 8/16 ports.

- Each port maintains its own 120 day grace period.

- Port licenses are bound to the Fabric Interconnect Serial #

- Licenses are NOT applied to a port until it's Enabled

- Expansion modules ports are NOT licensed from the port pool.  They are  fully enabled at manufacturing (their own built-in license)

- You must install licenses "symetrically" (Each FI with the same # of licenses) to avoid inconsistencies during a failover.

If you're having issues with licenses check/provide the following output:

scope license

show usage detail

show file detail

scope eth-server

show interface

scope eth-uplink

show interface

Regards,

Robert

19 Replies 19

Didnt worked for me, yesterday you guys released 1.4(1)j but the release notes does not say anything about this issue

Regards

Please post the licensing commands listed above in the thread.

This fix was not included in the 1.4(1j) release.  It's slated for 1.4(1k) which should be out in a week or two.

Regards,

Robert

Hi, it has passed more thant 2 weeks and theres no

1.4(1)k release in the wild already.

Do you have an ETA for this?

Regards

I know this is an ancient thread, but I just ran into this on a 2.1(2c) to 2.2(3d) upgrade.  This workaround still works!  Thanks!

Ran into similar issue. I had a bunch of FC ports in admin state "Enabled" consuming licenses even though SFPs weren't present. Manually disabled ports and license count came back to normal.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card